Gary Vee has been changing lives long before most people used social media, simply by caring. In this post, we cover 60 Gary Vee quotes that will transform your mindset from the angle of complaining, making choices, appreciation, doing, and college.
Of course, these Gary Vee quotes alone are of no value to you if you don’t apply them.
Gary Vee Quotes That Will Transform Your Mindset on Making Choices:
1 of the 2 of YOU is going to be right. Regardless of how you debate it in your head, either you are going to be right and you are going to be special and going to make it…Or you are a loser and you’ll never make it out of this town…But debating it over beers for 30 years is a f*cking waste of time.
2. Please take a step back and think about how awesome it actually is. And then recognize that you can attack the world in a totally different way because you were lucky enough to be born in this era.
I’m petrified of 8th place trophies. If you grow up where everybody gets an 8th place trophy, you are actually scared of losing, and then you are fucked because losing is real.
4. You can probably make nothing but mistakes for the next 13 years of your life, and probably still have a tremendously happy life, and once you wrap your head around that, it probably empowers you to make the best decision for yourself.
You can’t want it the way other people have it. You have your reality. The 9 hours you have, you do it. Like it is what it is. You make choices. And you live with them.
Who’s the hell permission are you looking for to do your thing?
. Do you. You know you. Stop being scared of who you are.
8. You can always get another bullsh*t job.
Indecisiveness, sitting on it, not doing anything about it, is just not an option.
10. You can go back to being comfortable 3 years later.
Meeting a 70,80,90, 100-year old that regrets. That regrets that they didn’t have more fun, that they didn’t spend more time with their family, that’s the cliche one, but you’d be surprised how many people regret not doing more things for themselves.
Gary Vaynerchuk Quotes on How Good You Actually Have It:
12. Look, you might not have even been alive. Your Mom and Dad could have had sex 3 minutes later and you wouldn’t even exist. And you’re complaining. You could have ended up being a bus. A tree. I just don’t get the mentality of being head down sad on a Monday morning.
You gotta go through school because your parents want you to, you gotta pay your rent, you got student loans, I get it. But please recognize the world we are living in. We are living in a world where there’s so much more opportunity.
14. 400 trillion to 1. This is the reason I’m happy 24/7 365, for the rest of my life. 400 trillion to 1. The odds of becoming a human being.
You might not like the human situation you are in, but let me tell you this… you are more likely to win the lottery of over $100 million, nine times in your life, than being Rick.
16. Greatest era ever. Most entitlement ever. Greatest era ever. Most excuses ever.
Gratitude is the secret drug. It’s the gateway drug.
18. I genuinely don’t think most things matter.
Figure out what your thing is, and stop making bullsh*t excuses. “Who the president is, your Mom did this, I missed it, I had an idea for Uber…” Well, why didn’t you f*cking do it?
Gary Vee Quotes That Will Transform Your Mindset on Complaining:
20. What if I told you that this was the last Monday morning of your life? What if I told you, you die this week? Would you complain about your crap job or that test you don’t want to take? I doubt it. You’d go much higher-level thinking. Well, that’s really what it takes.
Complaining. There are only two groups of people that will listen to you complain. The three to four loved ones that are the most closest to you, and they love you so much, they are willing to listen to your shit, and group number two. Your other loser friends. Stop F*cking complaining.
22. Everybody has got a f*cking problem. You just don’t know it. You just think that the person with the Mercedes doesn’t have a problem. You don’t realize that their husband is beating them…or infidelity, or their Mom hates them.
For some people, I pushed to them that “nobody cares.” “Nobody cares about your problems because they have their own problems.” And that’s worked for some people.
24. Yes, it’s changed. There are new difficulties, but it’s so much better than it used to be.
I have friends, who all they do is complain about not being with their family, that have 100 million in the bank. I’m like, “if you complain about that, then spend more time with your family. And reverse. You make your bed.”
26. All of you are way too young for regrets. Right now, if you are regretting, and you are under 80, you are actually dwelling, not regretting.
Nobody cares. The market doesn’t care. So we sit and we dwell and complain…So we spend an unbelievable amount of time on dwelling and complaining, and wasting our time on dumb sh*t.
28. There was no respect for 20-year-olds in the business world 20 years ago when I came out. But now because of technology, there’s a lot of organizations that absolutely respect 20 and 30-year-olds.
I was 20 before I even was on a computer. I didn’t grow up with this sh*t. I figured it out.
30. A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.
Everybody is judging themselves too early. You can literally do four different things over the next 2 years, 6 months at a time, to figure out everything that you think you might like.
Gary Vee Quotes That Will Transform Your Mindset on Happiness
32. Do I believe in hustle? Yes, I do. I like work ethic. It’s controllable. Do I want that to put you into depression, or health scares? Yeah, of course not. But don’t sit on a pedestal after you f*cking worked hard for 15 years, and then tell all these kids that they should have a work-life balance.
It makes me so sad that so many of you created golden handcuffs for yourself that aren’t letting you leave your job, because you need to make 130 thousand a year now, cause’ you wanted 700 more square feet in your apartment, or you wanted a BMW instead of a Toyota. So you are not happy because you wanted 2 or 3 things that mean absolutely nothing. I promise you when you’ve tasted both…it’s not even close to a debate.
34. Everybody else sucks sh*t too, so do you.
The reason people aren’t letting themselves get happy is because they value other people’s opinions more than they value their happiness. They literally value their parents’, their siblings’, their best friends’ and society’s opinion more than their own happiness.
36. You live a life where you value other people’s opinions more than being happy. That’s f*cking crazy!
Letting someone else dedicate your life is immediate unhappiness. You are not in control.
38. I think people have to drop negativity out of their lives.
If you are unhappy, it’s because you are spending too much time with unhappy people.
40. The one thing I’m scared of, you know, not everybody needs to buy the NY Jets, right? So I’m going to have to bleed out of my eyeballs for the rest of my life. But not everybody has to do that, you don’t necessarily have to work more unless you want to achieve a lot more.
I’m obsessed with losing. I f*cking love losing. I love losing because I know exactly what you are thinking about my loss, and I can’t wait to stick it in your f*cing face when I come back.
42. You are not lost in life. You are just early in the process.
Gary Vee Quotes That Will Transform Your Mindset on College
43. College loans that you can’t even declare bankruptcy on to get out of. That gives you a piece of paper that does not map to anything that’s going on in the real world. Zero. Zero reality.
If you are collecting debt to go to college to be a business person, quit right now.
45. You have to understand your own personal DNA. Don’t do things because I do them or Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban tried it. You need to know your personal brand and stay true to it.
There’s no school or college on Earth, that exists, that is even remotely equipped to educate you properly on communications and marketing in the world we live today.
47. If you are going to go to a business that it is going to sell you a sh*t product that you are then going to pay compound interest on, that you can’t even declare bankruptcy to get out of, that’s called extortion, fucked up, f*cking crazy ass sh*t.
The second move would be to take your last four-year vacation, hook up a bunch, and if you want to learn, spend a lot of time online, and consume relevant content, from people that are actually doing it, not from professors that are so not practical, and so romantic of how it used to be, that I traveled to the best universities in the world, and have literally thrown up over myself, listening to the horsesh*t that those professors are shoving down…
Gary Vee Quotes That Will Transform Your Mindset to Help You Do More
49. Every f*cking person here has won the lotto. You won!
Your lack of patience is killing you. It’s slowing you down and everybody else.
51. You will sit back in 20,30 years and regret if you didn’t execute in this era.
Ideas are worthless without the execution; execution is pointless without the ideas.
53. Everything takes longer than you think.
A 5-year plan is impossible in a world where what 5 years represents is so different than what it used to. We are going through a technology explosion, and you just can’t possibly do that. Think about what 5 years ago looked like.
55. “I’m not born in America.” “I’m an immigrant.” “I’m black.” “I’m a girl.” I hate talking about this as a white man, as I get it, but it doesn’t change tomorrow. You leaving a comment on Instagram: “easy for you to say, white boy.” It doesn’t change your sh*t.
We are in control of the one asset that we all give the most f#%ks about, and that is time.
57. Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.
Once you have a framework of patience, that’s when you can pull it off.
59. There’s no reason to do things you hate. None.
And to finish these quotes…
The quotes are simple. The execution is hard.
Apply These Quotes and You Will Transform Your Mindset and Will Change Your Life
As the last quote Gary Vaynerchuk, or Gary Vee as he is often referred to shows, the
quotes, whether on excuses or college, are simple, but the execution is the hard part. That’s one of the reasons why Gary Vee gives out thousands of hours of free content every year, it’s because most people won’t execute anyway.
Will you execute it in 2020? If your work requires a lot of emailing, why not help yourself be more accountable with the inspiration from these quotes? MailTag allows you to track how many emails you send, but also, more importantly, to know when people open them.
Try it out on
Google Chrome in seconds. No card required.
Track ✉️ Schedule 🕒 Automate 🚀